The Job One Careers program provides community-based employment choices. The Job One Careers team works with Vocational Rehabilitation and the Missouri Department of Mental Health to focus on serving those who wish to be more integrated in the community and earn competitive wages alongside nondisabled peers.
Individuals with disabilities who live in areas across Jackson and Northern Cass County (including Belton, Blue Springs, Buckner, Fort Osage, Grain Valley, Grandview, Greenwood, Independence, Kansas City, Lee’s Summit, Peculiar, Raytown, and Raymore) are eligible to receive the following services through the Job One Careers Program:
- Tailored job-development services based on one’s unique abilities, skills, and interests
- Assistance with career exploration, on-site job training, and job-retention supports and
- Free assistance for job seekers and employers
- Pre-vocational services for individuals considering community employment who want to sharpen their skills
- Transition services for youth entering the workforce after high school